The goal of the Wexford-Missaukee Intermediate School District is to improve educational achievement of
all students through effective evaluation and assessment of programs.
Board Goal Statements
- Develop a comprehensive support system to improve teaching and learning standards for high student success.
- Provide quality support services to local school districts to address state, local and federal mandates.
- Provide policy support and financial support to ensure continuous progress in school improvement.
- Increase Board involvement with federal, state, and local initiatives focusing upon education.
- Povide linkages with local, regional and state service providers that will enhance quality, improve efficiency and bring economy of school operations.
Board Smart Goals
Within 3 – 5 years all K-12 buildings will be aligned and implement Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
Within 3 – 5 years all children within WMISD service area will demonstrate growth (MDE definition) to meet the needs of the Common Core State Standards.
- Within 3 – 5 years WMISD will review existing systems and implement measures to gain efficiency, quality, and economy of the school operations (transportation, food services, purchasing, common software, etc.).
- Wthin 3-5 years WMISD will provide ongoing support for local district implementation of Race to the Top Initiatives to the following areas:
- Sudent Growth Models
- Teacher and Administrative Evaluation
- Merit Pay
- Alternative Certification